Tuesday, August 19

ONE MONTH!!!

I know it doesn't seem like a long time to yall, but Wesley and I are so excited we have been here for a month! We have been thinking and here is a list of all the things that Wesley and I have learned this first month in DC....

- Everyone here walks extremely fast... and never sweats. What a phenomenon.
- We have drank more beer here than we ever have in our lives. (Not in quantity... just frequency..) Beer is cheap.
- Have a good bitch look. Don't look anyone in the eye and ACT like you know what's going on...
- Do not stand still on the right side of the escalator. That is the "express lane". You WILL get run over.
- Walking to work in a skirt and tennis shoes is not a fashion faux pas. If you had to walk back and forth to work for 3 miles you would do it too. (Actually, I wear my Tory Burch sandals, but I sometimes wish I had my tennys... you get the point.)
- We love wings. If you could get them for 10 cents a piece, you would love them too.
- Avoid the creepy trash man on the streets. All he wants is your dollars.
- Recess - awesome. Less wait at restaurants.
- Everyone here loves pizza deal. Live it up!
- On the Metro, you can go negative one time. Awesome.
- We're not in a small town anymore... going to the gym is EXPENSIVE.
-
-... there is a lot more, but that's all for now!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

10 cent wings are awesome, I can vouch for that! Also, I'm so glad to hear that y'all are still drinking the beer even though I am gone...see, it wasn't ALL my fault!