Sunday, January 3

Holiday Season 2009

Wesley and I are sitting back at home after a whirlwind of a holiday season. I can't believe that it is already over. Since we have been MIA bloggers as we have flown all over the eastern seaboard, I will recap what has gone down over the last couple of weeks. We first spent Thanksgiving in Columbus with Wesley's parents. We had a great week spending time with his family and relaxing. One night we had a bonfire and cooked hot dogs and smores... so much fun. We also went to the Ole Miss / MS State game.... annndddd that's all I have to say about the game. haha. We got to see Kayla and Kevin's new house, Brantly's new puppy, spend time with Wesley's parents and of course got to see Mason.
After Thanksgiving we came back to DC for two weeks of work before heading back south for the Christmas holidays. The day we got back from Columbus I made Wesley take me to Eastern Market to pick out out Christmas tree. We found one that had a little character and was a tad bigger than the one we had last year. We got the tree and some live garland and carried it all home in the back of the car. Here are some pictures of our decorated apartment... Wesley hung some ornaments (well most of them... including the lights... but hey I directed!) We got the rest of the decorations up too so that we could enjoy them for the two weeks we were in town. The mantle with stockings... And our apartment fully decorated! During all of this I turned 25 (wwaaahhhhh!!) and Wesley had his birthday as well. Sometimes it's so weird for me to think that we met when I was 19 and he was 22. Here I am with some friends at Sonoma for some birthday drinks. :) We had some visitors come to town - Jordan and her boyfriend Ryan came and stayed with us for a weekend. We went to dinner, went to a couple bars and watched the Ole Miss game. Such a fun weekend (even though Ryan gave us colds :)!!!) The weekend after that Wesley and I took the bus to NYC to stay with Elizabeth and Ryan - Candace and Charles were in town too, so it was such a fun time! We went out to dinner and shopped around 5th Avenue. It was fun getting to see the Christmas decorations in NYC. The weekend after that we were off to Jackson to start our holidays beginning with Mary Margaret and Matt's wedding. We stayed with the McFatters on Friday night at their wonderful new house. We cooked out there and went to their neighborhood Christmas party - I love the Reunion neighborhood! Saturday night was the wedding - Mary Margaret was beautiful and we had so much fun!



After the wedding we were off to Nashville for a week for Christmas break. It was great spending time with my family as well as my friends from high school who I miss so much. We ate A LOT of good food and drank a lot of good wine. It made me realize how truly blessed and lucky we are and that God has been so good to us.

It was very nice to have a break away from work and the hectic streets of DC, but back to the grind now I suppose. So needless to say we have had a whirlwind end of November / December and are excited for 2010. I think 2010 is going to be a great year for us. Who knows what it is going to bring - all I can say is that we are excited to find out.

No comments: