Tuesday, April 20

Yea... we have been busy...

So I apologize for the blog vomit, but life has been a little hectic lately and tonight we are finally trying to catch up. March basically consisted of me working too much and Wesley having to put me to bed at 9:00pm. Working hard for the money :) Needless to say, we have been out of commission in the blogging world for a bit. We also had tons of great visitors in March! Here is a little recap of our March and April up until now (ps is it really almost May.... you've got to be kidding me). We had back to back visitors and it was a lot of fun. Candace came in town the third week in March and kicked off the visitor parade. I took Friday off work and Candace and I toured all the monuments around my house. We went out and ate a lot of good food :) and even relaxed just a bit and watched a movie. It was so nice to have a bestie in town! We did dally around on Sunday... and Candace almost missed her flight!! Here are some pics...

The next weekend Kayla and Kevin came in town. We had a great time exploring DC with them and heading out to our favorite places to eat (do we see a trend here... eating... nonstop). We went to dinner a Oya, Cava and then cooked homemade pizza the last night. So much fun :)


The following weekend which was Easter my parents and brother came in town. It was great to see them since I hadn't seen them since Christmas. We laid low and did local stuff which included driving out to Virginia and wine tasting at some of the local vineyards. You know us Houks loved that. :)


After having guests of our own, we headed to Jackson for Kristen Fountain and Colby Mason's wedding. The Zimmermans graciously opened their home to us and let us stay there all weekend. It was so nice to be in the South and see all our friends. It made us miss it so much. Kristen's wedding was beautiful and she made a gorgeous bride.




SOOOO needless to say we have had a great time but are a little exhausted. We were in DC this last weekend and spent most of our time at the Nationals baseball game (even though we are terrible!!). We will be laying low for a couple more weekend until we are off again!

PS I love Glee. Can someone give me voice lessons? I feel a song coming on...

1 comment:

mother teresa said...

Whew! Ya'll have been busy!! We loved our visit.