Wednesday, January 12

three years of wolo

Well, I logged on to post a cheesy post about our anniversary and find the wonderful and sweet below post from my husband. That's why I married that man, people.

Anyway, my post is a little more light hearted in reference to our three years (well six actually, but who's counting?) together. Wesley likes to kindly tell me that it feels more like 20 years, but I will take that as a compliment. At this time three years ago, I was at the hair studio watching my bridesmaids get their hair done and eating Jimmy John's sandwiches. No one was drinking the mimosas we had because everyone had had a little too much fun the night before. :) It was a great, relaxing time before the games began! A lot better than where I am now - sitting at my desk at work!

Wesley and I have experienced a lot of changes, moves and ups and downs in the last three years. Here is just a brief recap of some things that have gone on in our lives.....

- lived in Oxford, MS for six months and have been in DC since July 2008
- we have lived in five different apartments all within the same block (besides the first one in Oxford)
- we have to be Southwest's best customers, racking up at least two free flights each per year
- both of us have been in the same jobs (truly a blessing!)
- attempted to get a cat... twice, and have been rejected, so we now settle for our neighbors cat who likes to come in our house when they let it outside to use the restroom. we like to steal it for a couple of hours. who doesn't love a pet that you only have to take care of when you feel like it?! - downsized from two cars to one. definitely a lesson in sharing - what's yours is mine, and what's mine is.... mine. right?
- established our household chores: wesley does the ironing, laundry and tidying up... and I watch and support. oh yea, and i cook sometimes :) i see hiring a maid in our future.
- we love filling our home with tons of smelly candles and frequently try to avoid burning our house down.
- the best way for us to live sanely is for us to have separate closets - in separate rooms!
- on the same note, a shoe closet is essential.
- we love spending time standing up in our kitchen with a glass of wine recapping the day.

I am sure there is more, but I must get back to work and the real world. I am so thankful for the past six years, and we want to thank yall for all the love and support through this time. Below is a picture from our wedding. I think it pretty much sums up wolo. And to my wonderful husband, I love you so much and cheers to many many many more years to come.

1 comment:

Cydw said...

I have to admit, I've been stalking y'alls blog for months and it makes my day when I do my lunchtime internet surfing and there are new posts!! You guys are precious.

Hope all is well!
Love,
Cyd