Tuesday, July 29

First Official Tea Party!

Work week number two has begun! Well, yesterday, but no one has time to blog everyday. Yesterday after work Wesley and I went on a long walk around our area of town which just so happens to be fantastic. If you are wanting to move to DC, fall away from the norm and move onto the Hill. We found restaurants, cleaners, banks, and stores all two blocks away from our apartment! We walked around the National Mall which just so happens to be two blocks from our apartment and saw this great attraction called Screen on the Green. This topic will be further discussed next week.....

Today at work I experienced my first OFFICIAL tea party!!!!! We actually had a baby "tea party" because someone in our department is due in the next couple of weeks. We all sat down to a huge selection of teas and actually used tea cups and saucers!! Wesley said I need to bring my sweet tea.. they wouldn't even know what to do with it! Justine served pimento cheese sandwiches today and they had no idea what it was - but they all loved it! At our tea party they even had what you would think of "typical" British tea music - but that was actually playing! It was fantastic!! We also all put money into a "sweepstakes" ie. we all bet on it... the weight and date the baby is going to be born. I'm hoping I win the ten dollars.... haha. I think I should start a dictionary of all the British words I learn. For example, if you get a cut and are wanting what we would call a BandAid... make sure you ask for a "plaster"... because that is what the Brits call it. End of Brit 101 for the day. Anyway, just a small tidbit... Time to sleep!! Until the next British adventure.....

1 comment:

Jessica Lundy Mansouri, Algebra I Teacher said...

Love you Lady Clay!! Keep on being british! I love it! I expect an accent when I see you next weekend!!!