Sunday, April 24

Marlene & Me

Today is the first day Marlene joined our family. She is an adorable half English/half Scottish black cat, who is staying with us for a couple of months, until she is able to hop over to the UK with her real parents. Until that time comes, she will be with us. Which only means a lot of stories. Right now, she doesn't like me. That is fine. I totally understand. I don't like many people in the beginning either.

Earlier this afternoon, Marlene arrived with her luggage including play pen, fishing sticks, fake mice, goldfish, and a year's supply of Whiskas Purrfectly Chicken and Fish, Friskies Gravy Sensations, and of course, basic dry cat food. A girl's gotta eat, right?

Well since our first enactment, I have seen Marlene all of 5 minutes. Things were turning when she decided she wanted to lay on the couch with me. That quickly ended when a massive thunder storm decided to ride through Capitol Hill. I haven't seen her since. I have tried to make her life as normal as possible. Hopefully it will start working soon.

The night should be interesting. I hope she remembers where I put the tidy cat pooper tub.

Until Next Time......

No comments: