Sunday, October 23

pancake party

I don't know when I suddenly started making pancakes like a mad woman, but since this summer I seem to wake up on Sunday mornings and want pancakes.  I have tried tons of recipes and ingredients - blueberry, chocolate chip, raspberry....... but since it is now fall, and I am obsessed with pumpkin, I had to try some pumpkin pancakes.  I have to say these are hands down the best pancakes I have made in a while, and they are healthy too.  They are super easy so you should definitely try them out. And get a griddle.  What did I do before my stovetop griddle?!  Happy Sunday.

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes 
 
1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
¼ teaspoons Salt
½ teaspoons Cinnamon
¼ teaspoons Nutmeg
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar (or 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar and 1 Tablespoon Stevia)
⅓ cups Pumpkin Purée
1 whole Egg
1 cup Milk
½ teaspoons Vanilla
2 Tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce (Can also sub in 2 Tablespoons butter) 

Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl (flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar). Whisk the rest of the ingredients together in another bowl (pumpkin, egg, milk, vanilla and applecause). Make a little well in the dry ingredients - add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.  Let the batter rest for a few minutes. Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto a pre-heated griddle on medium heat. Wait until the batter bubbles a bit around the edges and flip. Cook until both sides are lightly golden. Enjoy!

No comments: