Things I did differently.... or would do differently next time:
- I used all white whole wheat flour instead of the mix of regular flour and whole wheat flour.
- Always add the wet mixture into the dry mixture instead of the other way around.
- I used 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the mixture into the skillet and they turned out a nice size.
- The tip in the recipe to add the fruit after you put the mixture in the skillet is a good tip. I was able to add raspberries for me and chocolate chips for Wesley. I would try blueberries next time because the raspberries were a little big and didn't really soak into the pancakes and they ended up burning on the pan.... and smoking up my whole kitchen.... and setting off my fire alarm.......
- When I mixed the dry and wet ingredients together, I over whisked them hence why I got flat cookie-like pancakes. Next time I would leave them a little lumpier. Fluffier is better.
- Someone needs to buy me a griddle.
All and all I think I was semi successful. Here is picture of my pancake-cookieish mountain.
Busy week coming up.... off to NYC tomorrow night until Thursday night for work and then a full weekend. Keep on truckin'....